Bioprotection is the use of nature-based products for pest and disease control. Bioprotection products are sustainable alternatives to pesticides. They include invertebrate biological control agents (macrobials), microbials, semiochemicals and natural substances.
The course modules include:
- What bioprotection products are and how they work
- Using bioprotection products to monitor pest insects
- Safety information and interpreting product labels
- Access to bioprotection products
- How to transport and store bioprotection products
- Making the most of bioprotection products
- Application and interpretation of results
This course is designed for:
- People who work in agro-services and or who give advice to farmers, such as extension workers and agro-input dealers.
- Farmers who are new to bioprotection or know a little bit about it may also find this course useful.
- Agricultural students may find this course is complementary to their curricular activities.