Bioprotection is the use of nature-based products for pest and disease control. Bioprotection products are sustainable alternatives to pesticides. They include invertebrate biological control agents (macrobials), microbials, semiochemicals and natural substances.
What will you learn?
The course modules include:
- What bioprotection products are and how they work
- Using bioprotection products to monitor pest insects
- Safety information and interpreting product labels
- Access to bioprotection products
- How to transport and store bioprotection products
- Making the most of bioprotection products
- Application and interpretation of results
Who is it for?
This course is designed for:
- People who work in agro-services and or who give advice to farmers, such as extension workers and agro-input dealers.
- Farmers who are new to bioprotection or know a little bit about it may also find this course useful.
- Agricultural students may find this course is complementary to their curricular activities.
Currently, this course is completely free. We have made it open access in order to remove barriers to knowledge uptake on bioprotection.