You will need a mobile device that has access to the internet to download the offline version in the first instance. The initial download will only take a maximum of a few minutes. Once the data has been downloaded to your device, you can search all the products without an internet connection.
Please note, you can only download product data for one country and language combination at one time. If you would like to download product information for a different country or in another language you will need to uninstall any previous downloads from the device.
To download the offline version, you can follow our video guide here
The steps are as below:
- Open the CABI BioProtection Portal on a mobile device.
- Select your country and perform a search for your crop or pest. You will then receive a prompt to ask if you would like to go offline.
- If you do not see a prompt or you will need to perform a search, and then click the cog icon under the ‘Find Product’ button.
- For Apple users, a pop-up box will appear with instructions. For Android users, a pop-up box will appear and you will need to select Install.
- Follow the instructions given on the website.
- Now, the CABI BioProtection Portal icon will appear on your homescreen.
- Click on the CABI BioProtection Portal icon to open it. When the CABI BioProtection Portal is open, there is a prompt.
- Select the ‘Download’ button. When the download bar reaches 100%, select ‘Close’.
- Now you can search for registered products offline in the language and country selected.
The CABI BioProtection Portal offline version is not on Google Play or Apple App store. To get access to it you will need to select a country, enter a crop of pest and perform a search. Then you will see a pop-up asking if you would like to download the offline version. You will need to follow the steps given in the prompts, or follow the instructions in the video or listed above.
The offline version includes key information about registered bioprotection products in the selected country. Please note, product information can only be downloaded for one country and in one language at a time.
Viewable product information includes type of product, active ingredient, registrant, manufacturer and other permitted uses.
Additionally, more detailed product information is available for some of our partner sponsored products, such as distributor, PPE, storage requirements and application advice.
Any additional information is available on the website.
To find additional information about products, such as product labels and safety datasheet you will need to visit the CABI BioProtection Portal offline version or website while online. As this information is provided by external links, it is not included in the offline version.
For additional information, such as News and Information, Bioprotection Resources, FAQs, the Roadmap, and About details, these can only be found on the CABI BioProtection website.
To give feedback on the offline version, you can select the ‘!’ icon in the top right-hand corner of the offline version. This leads to a form which will be emailed to the team. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
We really value your feedback. This will help us to develop the portal to help improve our offering in the future and we will review all feedback we get.
To check for updates, you will need to click the cog in the top right-hand corner of the offline version.
To add these new products to your offline version, you will need to have access to an internet connection. When you have internet access, you will need to click this prompt at the top of the offline version and follow the instructions to download the information about the new products.
Then these newly-added products and their information will be available in the offline version at any time.